Saturday, February 28, 2009

Non Geek Speak Encounters - Installment #1

Every Saturday, the Geeks Dippin Deep Blog will talk about the Non Geek encounters of the prior week, in Non Geek Speak. In other words, over the past week, these are the things that I have been told, by people who do not consider themselves Geeks. In yellow are my comments to the Non Geek Speak Encounters that I was unable to say at the time of the encounter. Enjoy!

Here are the following Non Geek Speak encounters of this past week!

"Microsoft should get rid of Vista and go back to XP, better yet, they should go back to Windows 98 SE!"
"If Microsoft goes back to Windows 98 SE, just take my car back and give me a Horse & Buggy!"

"AGP Graphics cards are not old"

"It was only introduced in 1997, and now has two predecessors PCI, and PCI-E, but sure it's not old at all!"

"I deleted Viruses, how am I supposed to delete a Trojan? I just went through a deleted everything that I recognized the name of!"

"Is your computer still running, because if you delete EVERYTHING you recognize the name of, does that include Windows?!"

"I built a computer, it has many different parts, it has Dell parts and AMD parts. How much will it cost for you to get it up and running?"

"It's quite amazing, but some Dells now come with AMD parts!"

"How does Microsoft expect everyone to know how to use one of these things? Why don't they send a How To guide with it?"

"Amazingly enough, there is a Help feature built in!"

**This one is from a couple weeks ago, but it is well worth adding!

"You mean I have to pay for the Internet? It just doesn't come on this thing? Then why did I buy a laptop!?"

"Nope the Internet is totally free, they are giving it away now at the corner store, get yours today!"

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to rain on your parade, but PCI-E was introduced in 2004 by Intel. This makes AGP the older standard. And PCI was introduced in 1993, which places AGP in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain all you would like, I'm okay with it! As I see you are correct, but I still stand by my statement that AGP is an, I'll say older technology ~ this was the same person that wanted 98 SE to come back ~ so you can only imagine all that I went through! Thanks for the insight, and for the correction, no one is ever perfect!

    ReplyDelete